Probabilities - An If-Clauses Type I/II Exercise

 If-clause Type I

If Uncle Paul gives him a new tennis racket for his birthday, Jack will be happy.

(possible)

If-clause Type II

If Uncle Paul gave him a whole tennis court for his birthday Jack would be incredibly happy.

(possible, but rather improbable)

(möglich, aber eher unwahrscheinlich)

Exercise

Which type makes more sense in these cases? Think about the probability.

1. If David Hasselhoff _________________ my birthday party I _______________ delighted.

(join, be)

2. If my old friend Sabrina ______________ my birthday party I ______________ delighted.

(join, be)

3. If I _____________ 200 Euros as a bonus payment I ____________ a new cellphone. (get, buy)

4. If I _____________ 40.000 Euros as a bonus payment I ______________ a new electric car. (get, buy)

5. If we ______________ to Hamburg I _______________ many concerts in the Elbphilharmonie. (move, attend)

6. If we _________________ to Sidney (which is actually improbable) I __________________ many operas in the Sidney Opera House.

(move, attend)


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Literatur und Interpretation. Ein Unterrichtsvortrag mit (un)gewöhnlichen Beispielen

James Thurber : "The rabbits who caused all the trouble" (interpretation)

Grammar Basics I (Deutsch/Latein/Englisch)