English Tenses: An Interrogation

 It is ten o'clock in the morning and Police Lieutenant Dan Mills is interrogating the murder victim's greatest enemy.

Mills: You might be expecting my next question, Mr Kasperski. Where _______ you yesterday evening between seven and eight? (be, simple past)

Kasperski: Is that the time that old crook Lansky was murdered?

Mills: I'd like you to answer the question, Mr Kasperski.

Kasperski: Well, I ___________ around at my favorite bar, the “Frisco Inn”. (hang, past progressive)

Mills: Then I suppose there ____ some witnesses who can testify that? (be, simple present)

Kasperski: Sure, Lieutenant. We _______ some poker and I lost a lot of money, I can tell you. (play, simple past)

Mills: I________ not very interested in your finances. (be, simple present) Yet I'd like you to write down the names of the witnesses.

Kasperski: Well, let's see. There's Secretary Lawson, Judge Everton, District Attorney Michaelson...

Mills: Hold on a second. You say you ______ together with those honorable men? (be, simple past)

Kasperski: Yeah, Lieutenant. We _____ old friends. (be, simple present) I _____ an honorable businessman , you know. (be, simple present)

Mills: That's it for now. Thank you for your cooperation, Mr Kasperski.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Literatur und Interpretation. Ein Unterrichtsvortrag mit (un)gewöhnlichen Beispielen

James Thurber : "The rabbits who caused all the trouble" (interpretation)

Dürrenmatt: Das Unternehmen der Wega (I) Kontext und Inhalt